Thursday, September 9, 2010

I must mention this

We as Americans have a very short memory and even less knowledge of our own American history. We have become a nation of HATE and FEAR and loathing not all of us just a few fools who scream louder than the rest of us in the majority. This is no different then those who have tried to hijack religions. If memory serves me correctly the KLU KLUX CLAN was a group of Christians. I would call them by todays standard a terrorist organization. They terrorized African Americans. Burned Crosses the symbol of Christianity. They hid behind white sheets. Lynched African American men and castrated some, bombed Churches killed children. All In the name of HATE. Not very Christ like. Yes, we eradicated those extremist. Good overcame evil. As we are doing with those extremist abroad who we are at war with.

This is not to target a Religion or race of people. Those who would hijack a faith, are the problem. Not the majority. Those who would choose to take a stance of HATE against anyone, there is no room or place for this level of ignorance. We are a just people. Not narrow and foolish. Those who choose a political office must be watched with a close eye. We should never let and extremist rob us of our humanity. Or fuel HATE in their speeches.

We terrorized the native Americans and tried to erase a group of people. This today is known as a genocide. We in this country think, what we do not understand are who we should FEAR and loath.

In the eighties we backed the Afghans against the Russians to covertly see the end to the Russian occupation of that country. Then we walked away. (SEE THE: FILM CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR.) We left that country broken and forgotten.We did not build schools or set up and economy. We left only guns and Stinger missiles.  Now we are paying for all that in young American lives and billions of dollars which we do not have. Did you know that the US dollar is not backed by gold. President Nixon changed that fact. No one really knows what is in Fort Know. Sterling backs the British Pond, we just print paper with no backing. It is our monopoly money. Plus it is borrowed money from China. As are most things made that we consume.

Rome had time to change cultures this took generations. We are not ROME. Rome fell. Nation building is costly enterprise. Not in keeping with our national interest or the original mission of this Nation.

FEAR

I FEAR nothing and no man. I am and American and African American Man. I choose to live my life and hope that others live there's raising their families in peace. I refuse to think that a few extreemecest represent the entire body of any group of people. I believe in fairness. I'm a cent-race and a student of history. I believe in learning from mistakes and not repeating them. I choose not to be a fool. Or get fooled. Not to FEAR those who are different from my self. As and Americans we are supposed to have the right to practice any faith that we subscribe to. Any and all faiths. This is in the Constitution of the United States. Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion.



Hate crimes are on the rise. A few think they can again strike with FEAR and kill those who are different then them selves. This is no different from the KLU KLUX CLAN'S vision of an all white America. America will never be that vision. It will be tan. Some want to now turn their hate on Mexican and South American immigrants. Mexican people as I know them, believe in hard work. They cut the lawns hear on Staten Island, cook the food served in most restaurants. They believe in family. Now a few extremist want to use hate crimes against these people. There are more good decent people in this country, never loose site of this. The extreme factions in our midst must be monitored and brought to justice in the most swift manner. With all the tools of law enforcement to bare. This is a matter of national security.

Today someone threw something or broke into a landscapers van on my block and shattered his window. As I was driving up my block, I asked the man was he ok? He had called the police and was waiting. When I returned after taking my daughters to school there were numerous police cars on my block. Was this hate? I'm not sure, but I do know, there is no room for violence against any group of people? This is a matter of human rites and civil rites.

I hear a great deal of FEAR talk in our landscape. Pat Robert's thinks that Muslims are trying to over take his beloved Christianity. He's a radical and an extremist. He a man of God is full of hate. I believe he is suspect and his teachings are dangerous. He speaks to a small number of fools who would side with his FEARS. He may have a great deal to do with inciting "HATE CRIMES" in the name of Christianity. A religion he is hijacking not defending, lets not get it twisted. Those who would say that Jesus Christ was anti Gay. Were they there on the mountain side or at the Sea of Galilee as the man spoke to the gathering? How dare these foolish men speck or take the words of such a man as Christ and twist them. Turning them into words of HATE and in tolerance. These men are suspect a danger to us all. Our values our way of life. I am equality disturbed by the group of Hasidic Jews who stood with this man who wants to be Governor of the great State of New York City. This is extremest behavior. To say this man does not get Gays is an easy pass for him. I say there are no passes to be given. This is an old man and a fool. He is relic of an age of ignorance.

Who have we become America? FEAR is the mind killer. It makes us all small. When people are afraid they are dangerous, violent and intolerant toward any one thinking or different then them selves. This is a similar hysteria that swept Europe and Germany in the 20s and 30s. This is a dangerous path to take citizens.




Kevin Charles Stewart
AKA Steven Philip Tedaldi

No comments:

Post a Comment