Monday, August 16, 2010

My friend Frank

It's rare in life when your just minding your business sitting at a bar having coffee. At another time in the past I would have bellyed up to the bar, cocktail in hand, But I've not rolled that way in a few years. Frank was siting next to me at the bar. He's a wine man. I think it was white. Anyway we started up a conversation about business, shirt making, life, family and the state of African Americans and those threw out the global Despora. This conversation lasted about two and half hours. We agreed to meet a gain. We have for over two years now. Frank is a rare person. He is self made man. Aveteran of Vietnam a film Director, writer and has acted in his own film and worked in European cinema. He was the Assistant Director on the film Hello Dolly. I found this out today, as we were storeing some of his many personal photographs.

SEE http://www.maninthemirrormovie.com/main.html

He's traveled extensively threw out our home continent. Frank has lived a few lives within the one he is living. He has been photographed and new Rosa Parks. Dignitaries and diplomates, to name a few he has known.

The conversation grabbed me or was it, What I had been thinking about or many years… I wondered about the crossing to this strange land and wondered can you ever go home? I never could understand how we could sing in this strange land? I knew there was a hole lot more to the picture. I also new I had to do more my self.

I was in the process of finishing my first script for TV. Frank knew exactly were I was coming from. He said, I must finish it and get it made for my children and generations to come.

Like myself he is and artist. A man for all seasons. I had thought of my self in the same way. I was maturing finally. I could see the road a head. Without all the noise I had endured for years. I am no longer distracted. by my self or others.

So Frank and I continue our long talks and combine forces. To gain back what has been stolen and lost threw out the eons. It's only and ocean away. It belongs to us. We need only take a stand and take ownership of our birth right. It is a matter of our Human Rights. IMSCO Please visit and register. Kenya has agreed to dual citizen ship for thoes in the African Diaspora. 500 million of us are in excile around the globe. You and me. My Brothers and Sisters.. We now will be counted and have a seat at the table. Africa is our home land. We African people now are in a position to gain back the wealth lost. We gave up no birth rite when we were sent into excile across the globe..

IMSCO/UN/NGO serves as an "International Co-Development Union, (ICDU) (R)" to promote indigenous and Diaspora entrepreneurs skilled and unskilled workers rights


Kevin Charles Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment